2017年6月26日月曜日

521 Circuit Mega Structure v.1.01


Inspired by the awesome Sci-Fi animation movie and its original legendary manga by the master T. Nihei, both of which are known as "BLAME!", the long and endless journey of a super-cybernetic agent through the expanding complex of mega-structure and his battle with silicon-based creatures became the motivation of my newest movie.

Composed by my new synthesizing groove box, Novation Circuit, and finalized on Ableton Live Lite as usual, this sound is made of only 3 parts - 2 synths and 1 drum kit (of 4 drum part). Simpler than my usual composition, it is more precisely structured as 4-on-the-floor and 16 step sequencer-based drum patterns.



- How to compose this? -


First of all, as my first touch of Novation Circuit, built sequence of Drum 1(Kick)/2(Snare) and Drum 3(HiHat)/4(Cymbal) and two synth lines - one is bass, and the other is lead -. While drum 1/2/3/4 were tweaked by turning the knobs to become my favorite solid sounds, the synths are simply the preset 1 and 33, meaning the very basic sound for synth base and synth chord [or lead].

Almost three hours letf. Finally I liked my composition. It's ok, it's ok as my first trial. The, I got an idea. Let's do real time effecting! Novation Circuit has powerful macros for synth and drum sounds. Also it features the big filter knob which changes the filter frequency as default. Just turning the filter knob as the sequence runs, the sound super-dynamically changes! Like it! This was my second step.

Finally, I put two audio track into my Ableton Live Lite. The first is an original sound by Circuit. The second was my real time performance with filter knob. The filtered version sound more like floor DJ play, but it somehow thin. It lacks the bold character of the original Nova Synth sound. To avoid this thinness, I put both the non-filtered and the filtered into two tracks and balance it. Also, put some audio effects of Ableton Live native, like compressor, equalizer, and mixing effect like "Meaty Analog Master" so that the sound, especially lowest bass sounds has outstanding character, well, I hope ;-)

The video is very much mixed style, or collaboration of:

  • playmobil [almost all of them are my custom build]
    • special thanks to GHOSTBUSTERS 9221 Marshmallow Man
  • spider figures by BULLYLAND
    • 68459 Gooty Sapphire Ornamental
    • 68458 Velvet Spider
  • KAGUTSUCHI by KOTOBUKIYA
    • Type 48 Model 2 - Spinner version
    • Type 48 Model 2 - Fencer version


Paralleled with the flash light effect, filter sound gave this video a sense of his super weapon, Graviton Gun, literally. Again, I hope;-)


Turn your bass sound boosted and try to listen to it! Thanks!